TRISTAR BOYS F.C CONSTITUTION
The club will be called TRISTAR F.C and will be affiliated to the Derry & District Youth F.A and N. Ireland Boys Football Association
- Aims and Objectives
The aims and objectives of TRISTAR F.C will be:
- To offer development coaching and competitive opportunities in Football
- Membership of appropriate leagues for the purpose of establishing regular competitive or non-competitive play, for the club’s representative teams
- The provision of training and playing facilities for its members.
- To promote the club within the local community and the Football community
- To ensure a duty of care to all members and volunteers associated with the club.
- To provide all its services in a way that is fair to everyone.
- To ensure that all present and future members receive fair and equal treatment.
- Membership will consist of officers and members of the club.
- All members will be subject to the regulations of the constitution and by joining the club will be deemed to accept these regulations and codes of conduct that the club has adopted.
- No person shall be refused membership on the grounds of race, colour, creed, religion, sex, sexual preference, impairment or disability.
- Members shall be enrolled on one of the following categories:
- Playing/ Competing Member (adult/ junior)
- Non Playing/ Associate Member (non competing)
- Club Coach
- Club Officer
- Any member under suspension shall be barred from taking part in any match or event under the control of the club.
- Membership Fees
Membership fees will be set annually and agreed by the Management Committee or determined at the Annual General Meeting.
- Officers of the Club
The officers of the club will be:
|Vice Chairperson||Ryan Horner||Rhorner576@stcolumbs.com||075-952-92965|
|Child Protection||Garry Matthewsonemail@example.com||077-885-61637|
|Youth Coach rep||Ronnie Kennedyfirstname.lastname@example.org||077-920-10518|
|Mini Soccer Coach Rep||Brian Tiernanemail@example.com||077-429-73871|
Officers will be elected annually at the Annual General Meeting.
All officers will retire each year but will be eligible for re-appointment.
- The club will be managed through the Management Committee elected at the Annual General Meeting. Membership will be informed annually or as required, of the names of Committee Officers and co-options.
- Only appointed Committee Members & Officer Holders (18yrs +) will have the right to vote at meetings of the Management Committee. Each member shall have one vote. In the event of a tied vote, the Chair may exercise a casting vote.
- The Management Committee will be convened by the Secretary of Tristar F.C and meetings will be held no less than 4 times per year, but will have more meetings if required.
- The quorum required at Committee meetings will be 3 voting members.
- The Management Committee will be responsible for adopting new policy, codes of conduct and rules that affect the organisation of the club.
- The Management Committee will have powers to appoint sub-committees and advisers to the Management Committee as necessary, to fulfil its business.
- The Chairperson, or in his/her absence a member selected by the meeting, will take the Chair.
- The Secretary shall keep the minutes of the meetings and record all proceedings and resolutions.
- The Management Committee will be responsible for disciplinary hearings of members who infringe the club rules/regulations/constitution. The Committee will be responsible for taking any action of suspension or discipline following such hearings.
- All club monies will be banked in a HSBC Bank account in the name of TRISTAR F.C.
- The Club Treasurer will be responsible for the finances of the club.
- The financial year of the club will end on: 31st December
- A statement of annual accounts will be presented by the Treasurer at the Annual General Meeting.
- Any cheques drawn against club funds should hold the signature of two of the registered signatories as listed in the bank
- Annual General Meetings
- Notice of the Annual General Meeting (AGM) will be given by the Club Secretary. Not less than 21 clear days’ notice to be given to all members.
- The AGM will receive a report from officers of the Management Committee and a statement of the annual accounts.
- Nominations for Committee Officers will be sent to the Secretary prior to the AGM.
- Elections of officers are to take place at the AGM.
- All members (18yrs +) have the right to vote at the AGM.
- The quorum for AGMs will be 25% of the voting membership
- The Management Committee has the right to call Extraordinary General Meetings (EGMs) outside of the AGM. Procedures for EGMs will be the same as for the AGM.
- Discipline and Appeals
- All complaints regarding the behaviour of members should be submitted in writing to the Secretary.
- The Management Committee will meet to hear complaints within 30 days of a complaint being lodged. The committee has the power to take appropriate disciplinary action including the termination of membership.
- The outcome of a disciplinary hearing should be notified in writing to the person who lodged the complaint and the member against whom the complaint was made within 30 days of the hearing.
- There will be the right of appeal to the Management Committee following disciplinary action being announced. The committee should consider the appeal within 10 days of the Secretary receiving the appeal.
- A resolution to dissolve the club can only be passed at an AGM or EGM through a majority vote of the membership.
- In the event of dissolution, any assets of the club that remain, will be passed on to another organisation with similar purposes.
- Amendments to the Constitution
- The constitution will only be changed through agreement by majority vote at an AGM or EGM.
- The Fundraising Sub-Group shall be responsible for all fundraising activities.
- The Management Committee will decide how any funds raised shall be used
- The club will seek sponsorship to contribute to the club running costs/new equipment/team kit etc